Finding the Human Face of Finance – Workshop
On Friday, September 21st, scholars and practitioners will explore the opportunities and challenges of respecting, protecting, and fulfilling human rights in various parts of the financial system. This event is by invitation only.
Invited participants include:
- Motoko Aizawa (Observatory for Sustainable Infrastructure), Panelist
- Larry Beeferman (Harvard University), Participant
- Gerlinde Berger-Walliser (University of Connecticut), Participant
- Robert Bird (University of Connecticut), Participant
- Daniel D. Bradlow (University of Pretoria), Presenter: "Talk Loudly and Carry a Small Stick: Can Soft International Law Make Finance More Human Rights Friendly?"
- Neil R. Brown (KKR Global Institute), Panelist
- Rachel Chambers (University of Connecticut), Discussant
- Iris H Chiu (University College London), Presenter: "Can ICO Markets Offer Insights into Marketising Sustainable or Social Finance? Proposals for a Revolutionary Regulatory Framework"
- Stephen Davis (Harvard Law School), Panelist
- Bennett Freeman (Bennett Freeman Associates and BSR), Panelist
- Shareen Hertel (University of Connecticut), Discussant
- David Hess (University of Michigan), Presenter: "The Transparency Trap: Non-Financial Disclosure and the Responsibility of Business to Respect Human Rights"
- Molly Land (University of Connecticut), Discussant
- Jose Martinez (University of Connecticut), Discussant
- Ariel Meyerstein (Citi), Panelist
- Tricia Olsen (University of Denver), Presenter: "At What Cost? Maintaining the Social License to Operate through Public and Private Finance"
- Stephen Park (University of Connecticut), Chair
- Dana Brakman Reiser (Brooklyn Law School), Discussant
- Christine Shaw (Office of the Treasurer, State of Connecticut), Panelist
- Anne M. Tucker (Georgia State University), Presenter: "Contracts with Benefits: The Implementation of Impact Investing"
- Elizabeth Umlas (Croatan Institute), Discussant
- Cynthia Williams (York University), Presenter: "Climate Change, Human Rights, and Directors' Obligations"
- Robert Yass (University of Connecticut), Participant